Sunday 15 October 2023

Poem: A women's life

Early in the morning I wake up
I look up in the sky for strength 
I pray to GOD for Guidance
My face is dry and still I cry.
Will I ever be free? Will I feel true love?

My master who once said he loves me
He locked me up, and beats me.
His hands were once gentle 
His actions are unbelievable 
My man my HUSBAND 
Your hands destroyed me

I can't face My family 
I keep looking for sympathy
Our kids are afraid of you 
Your hands have destroyed me
I cook and clean.
I offer you food with a smile, like I'm happy
I wish you could see your heart that your need me 
But everytime you drunk you beat me
Your hands have destroyed me.

I remember the time I met you
You were so fine and handsome
I couldn't believe I'm with you
It was our time 'now or never'
I wish your mother was here
Because now I live with fear
Will I see another day?
Will I again say my prayers?

My master who beats me
My man my HUSBAND 
I can't move freely 
Your presence torments me 
When you walk next to me
You make me feel worthy 
Will you survive without me
Today I leave you
My man MY HUSBAND 
Will I ever miss you? 

[Tuesday, May 17, 2022]

No comments:

Post a Comment